BMW 2009 3-series coupe (e92) European Delivery Journey

We will pick up our BMW 328xi sometime soon in Munich and spend 2 weeks driving around Europe. Track our planning and preparations here.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Post-delivery notes: Tracking your precious car

Here is what I found on Bimmerfest. I can't wait when I will be able to use that website:

You can track your vehicle using the shipper's website. Then scroll down to Customer Tools, choose "Cargo Tracking". Once there, choose "Auto Cargo". Enter your complete VIN in the Cargo ID field and hit "Track". You will find the ship name and status of your car. You can then click on the ship (or voyage number, whichever it is) and you will see the schedule for your ship. If I remember, I think it takes anywhere from 18 to 21 days to reach the US. Your car will then go to the VPC and be processed and any minor defects repaired. I live in Maryland and my car arrived at my dealer just 2 days after it arrived at the port.

You can also search by ports. First choose "Schedules" under Customer Tools. Then click "Search by Ports". Origin country Germany, destination USA (of course). Choose Bremerhaven for origin, Baltimore for destination. Dates are specified in the European format dd/mm/yyyy. Today's date will be already there as the start date and you'll find the ships that are scheduled to leave Bremerhaven in the next week or so. Then if you click on the Voyage field it will show you the ship's schedule.

No comments: