BMW 2009 3-series coupe (e92) European Delivery Journey

We will pick up our BMW 328xi sometime soon in Munich and spend 2 weeks driving around Europe. Track our planning and preparations here.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another quick update! And some VIN voodoo.


Since Saturday, my calls to BMW NA always end with "Your vehicle is being transported to the point of exit." How long does it take to take a car 127 km (80 miles)? Three days? More? Geez, come on already! I want my car in Munich ready for delivery. Hehehe. Maybe I am a little impatient. Emphasize "a little".

I also did some research into the voodoo of VIN decoding. I found a few interesting websites:
This one didn't have any information about the new BMWs, but it can be useful for some.

Baueraihenarchiv also doesn't know about the youngest BMW offspring but I found it great for older VINs.

BMW VIN Equipment Codes had some nice info, but it has to be supplemented by the following info:
11th digit also denotes the following places of birth of a BMW:
A,F,K - Munich
E,J,P - Regensburg
V - Leipzig
N - Rosslyn South Africa

Autohaus Arizona can also help decipher your VIN. Great writeup! It is not BMW specific, and the description is color coded and features a great table!