BMW 2009 3-series coupe (e92) European Delivery Journey

We will pick up our BMW 328xi sometime soon in Munich and spend 2 weeks driving around Europe. Track our planning and preparations here.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Approved!


Hehehe, I am so excited now.

On Saturday we learned that we got approved for a lease on a new 328xi with a delivery date of 4/18/2009.

On 1/12 I contacted Alex Dytko from BMW of Peabody, one of the sponsors of Bimmerfest. I have to admit, it was a slam dunk. After having such bad experience with the other guys, I didn't have high hopes, but Alex turned out to be very responsive, attentive to details and just plain down-to-earth guy. After exchanging couple emails and a few phone calls, we decided to go and check the place ourselves.

After about 1.5 hour drive we arrived at BMW of Peabody. Alex met us in the lobby, but he was with some other couple. We were invited to a beautiful waiting room with a flat screen TV and an unlimited supply of Coke and coffee. Then, Alex came and met us, we went to the parking lot, picked the color (Beige on Crimson Red) and returned to finish paperwork. We got our passports xeroxed and we filled out some paperwork, Credit Applications and such.

A week passes by with a few emails exchanged and couple documents scanned and emailed (BIG plus while working with a Internet/email/Blackberry addicted CA) and just last Saturday, I got an email you see above. We were on town, coming back from a dinner with friends and I decided to check my email. My heart skipped a bit, when I saw it. My wife smiled when she saw it, but we didn't spill the beans and we kept our mouths shut until the end of the night. Great news! Thanks Alex.

No comments: