BMW 2009 3-series coupe (e92) European Delivery Journey

We will pick up our BMW 328xi sometime soon in Munich and spend 2 weeks driving around Europe. Track our planning and preparations here.

Friday, February 13, 2009

In production!

I finally found my production number and re-enabled my BMW account. After typing in the number, the car of my choice popped up with a status just like you can see in the screen shot to the right. It turns out, my car is IN PRODUCTION already. Just to confirm, I called BMW NA at 1-800-831-1117 and asked a nice IVR system for "vehicle production status" and I was told that my car is in production since 2/11 and would be finished on 2/19. Just to confirm I opted to talk to the customer service representative who just confirmed what I just heard!


So, it is semi-assembled. Which is weird, as it is still over two months until pick-up. I guess they are not all that busy there and are my building my car as I type this! It also turned out what some say, that the car is built just a few days before Munich delivery. I will be calling daily to check on the status! I can't wait for the pickup.

I also decided to call a big family meeting (all two people) and dial-in the schedule, hotels and create a budget. I still have to find some time to do just that, but it is in the works!

No comments: